India joins a few other countries in commemorating World Kindness Day, including the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates.
World Kindness Day Activities: World Kindness Day is observed all over the world to emphasize the importance of being kind to one another. Every year on November 13th, this special day is observed as part of the World Kindness Movement. It is observed to make the world a better place by celebrating and encouraging people to do good. The day also encourages people to pledge acts of kindness, either as individuals or as a group. Aside from spreading kindness, the day also aims to highlight community good deeds. These good deeds help to bridge the religious, gender, and racial divides. India joins a few other countries in commemorating World Kindness Day, including the United States (US), Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
History and importance
An organization called The World Kindness Movement established World Kindness Day in 1998. It was founded in 1997 in Tokyo by like-minded kindness organizations from around the world. The day was established as an annual observance in 1998. The kindness movement grew in popularity and acceptance around the world with each passing year.
The UK kindness movement began in 2005, according to reports, and Singapore joined the initiative in 2009. Following that, other countries joined the movement, including Australia in 2012, France in 2015, and the United States in 2018. By 2019, the World Kindness Movement had spread to 27 countries.
Being kind is a win-win situation, especially in difficult times. Small actions can have a big impact on people’s lives. There are numerous ways to project kindness while also inspiring others to do the same. The world will be a better place to live if everyone performs a kind act every day.
Share The Quotes
- We cannot assist everyone, but everyone can assist someone – Ronald Reagan, 40th President of the United States.
- Perform a random act of kindness with no expectation of reward, knowing that one day someone else might do the same for you – Princess Diana, Princess of Wales, King Charles III’s first wife.
- Do things for people because of who they are, not because of what they do in return – Harold S. Kushner, prominent American rabbi and author.
Here are some ideas for being kind to others.
1. Demonstrate empathy and be an attentive listener.
2. Astound loved ones with unexpected gifts, visits, or phone calls.
3. Talk to a friend or family member who comes to you for help.
4. Lead by example in front of your friends and family, especially children.
5. When you notice others are hesitant, offer a helping hand first.
6. Pay someone a genuine compliment; it will make him or her happy.
(If you like this article on ‘World Kindness Day Activities’, please comment below your feed back on this particular day)
Read all Latest News, Sports News, Entertainment News, Automotive News, Health News and more here.