Gandhi Jayanti 2022: To commemorate Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, an event called Gandhi Jayanti is observed throughout India. One of the three national holidays in India, it is observed every year on October 2. The International Day of Non-Violence will be observed on October 2 in honor of him since he was a nonviolent freedom fighter, according to a resolution passed by the UN General Assembly on June 15, 2007. He is also referred to as the “Father of The Nation,” a title that was bestowed upon him by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in recognition of his tenacious fight for independence.
On October 2, people around the world honor Gandhi. It is a national holiday that is celebrated across the nation’s states and territories. All around India, especially at Gandhi’s tomb, Raj Ghat, in New Delhi, where he was cremated, prayer services and tributes are held to commemorate Gandhi Jayanti.
Best awards are given for initiatives in schools and the community that promote a nonviolent way of life and honor Gandhi’s contribution to the Indian independence movement. Painting and essay competitions are also held in schools. Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram, Gandhi’s favorite Bhajan (Hindu devotional song), is usually sung in his honor.
The Swachh Bharat Mission was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti in 2014. On Gandhi Jayanti 2021, the second phase of it began.
10 Quotes By Mahatma Gandhi That Prove He Was Ahead Of His Time
1.“The future depends on what we do in the present.”
2. “An ounce of patience is worth more than a tonne of preaching.”
3. “It’s easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone.”
4. “Our greatest ability as humans is not to change the world, but to change ourselves.”
5. “Service without humility is selfishness and egotism.”
6. “It does not require money to live neat, clean, and dignified.”
7. “My life is my message.”
8. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment.”
9. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
10. “The greatness of humanity is not in being human, but in being humane.”
Thank you for reading this article, and I hope that you enjoyed while reading this article. If you like it, please comment below
Read all Latest News, Sports News, Entertainment News, Automotive News, Health News and more here